Ocean Brine Mining for Valuable Minerals – the Path Forward
We are excited to have Mr. Nikolay Voutchkov, PE, BCEE, President of Water Globe Consultants, LLC, USA, to join Dr. Thomas Peters (Germany, instructor) and Dr. Allan Tung (Taiwan, panelist) at our next course Filtration and Separation in Water Treatment, November 1, 2022, Tuesday, 8:00 am-10:00 am EDT. He will address "Ocean Brine Mining for Valuable Minerals – the Path Forward" during the panel discussion on new opportunities and trends.
1. General aspects of water treatment with membrane technology
2. Technological fundamentals of the pressure driven membrane processes microfiltration (MF), ultrafiltration (UF), nanofiltration (NF) and reverse osmosis (RO)
3. Membranes as well-defined barriers
4. Strategies in water management and application examples for membrane processes in selected areas of water treatment
5. Example for improving operation of membrane processes
6. Future developments
7. New opportunities and trends (panel discussion)
Mr. Nikolay Voutchkov is a Senior Expert Adviser to the Saline Water Conversion Corporation of Saudi Arabia & Member of Saudi Desalination Roadmap Committee. He is a worldwide expert in desalination and brine mining. He is a Professional Engineer and Diplomate of the American Academy of Environmental Engineers. He recieved 2022 Award of the International Desalination Association for Beneficial Reuse of Brine. Mr. Voutchkov has a Master of Science in Engineering from UCLA.